The use of a balance transfer credit card may be all you need in order to improve your life and realize your many financial goals.
Before you do anything, you need to settle on the perfect balance transfer credit card. With so many offers, it’s easier than ever to find one that gets you excited. But at the same time, the selection can also make it difficult to make a final decision.
Here are some key questions to answer, all of which will help you choose the best credit card for you, your finances, and your future goals:
- What are you trying to accomplish through the use of a balance transfer credit card?
- Are you partial to a particular credit card issuer, or are you willing to work with any company that offers the best deal?
- How long does the zero percent introductory rate last?
- What is the ongoing APR after the introductory rate comes to an end?
- How much is the balance transfer fee?
- Which one is best based on your current credit rating?
- Do any of them have additional benefits, such as access to a rewards program?
It can take some time to answer all of these questions, among others, but doing so will allow you to feel better about choosing the best balance transfer credit card.
Even if you’ve made mistakes in the past, this type of credit card can help you avoid the same in the future.
Final tip: cut your list down to three of the best balance transfer credit cards. Once you do this, you can really dig into the finer details with hopes of one standing out from the crowd.
So, there you have it. If the time comes to apply for a balance transfer credit card, let these questions guide your search.
Do you have any experience using a balance transfer credit card? How were you able to choose the perfect offer?