The bank account you choose will affect your financial future in a number of ways. This holds true both for savings and checking accounts.
As you compare options, consider the following details: bonuses and promotions, fees, interest rates, account features, safety and security, cross-product offerings, and brand recognition (among others that are important to you).
Also, it’s critical to only compare FDIC-insured banking institutions, of which there are more than 5,200 throughout the country.
Whether you are moving your balance or starting with new funding, we have you covered with a clean and easy to understand comparison of some of the top banks in the US.
We are adding more banks and updating rates daily, so check back often if you are waiting for the right deal.
TD Preferred Savings Account
Highlights: $200 Bonus
Take advantage of a $200 bonus when you sign up for a new TD Preferred Savings Bonus and provide a deposit of $20,000 or more in new money within 20 days of account opening.
- Open a new TD Preferred Savings Account by August 21, 2019.
Make a deposit of $20,000 or more in new money within 20 days of account opening.
Maintain at least $20,000 on account for 90 days.
TD Checking Account
Highlights: $150 Bonus
Take advantage of a $150 convenience checking bonus when you receive direct deposits of $500 or more within 60 days of opening your account.
- Earn $150 when you receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days
- Low minimimum daily balance of $100 waives the $15 monthly fee.
- Students and young adults ages 17 through 23 get additional perks like no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fee.
- Instantly replace a lost or worn debit card by visiting a TD Bank location near you
- Access accounts via Online Banking with Bill Pay, Online Statements and TD Bank Mobile Deposit, with 24/7 cash access at TD ATMs in the U.S. and Canada plus 24/7 Live Customer Service
- Get a 0.25% discount on TD Bank Home Equity and Personal Loans
HSBC Advance Checking
Highlights: $350 Bonus
Earn $350 bonus with a new Advance Checking account. You can open a new checking account online, nationwide.
- Get a $350 Welcome Deposit for eligible new customers who open an HSBC Advance checking account with qualifying activities.
- Open your new HSBC Advance checking account online by December 31, 2019; and
- Deposit a minimum Qualifying Balance of $5,000 or more in New Money in combined checking and savings accounts within 30 calendar days of account opening, maintain at least the minimum Qualifying Balance for 90 calendar days from the date you deposited the minimum Qualifying Balance; and
- Set-up recurring Direct Deposits from a third party to an HSBC Advane checking account at least one per calendar month for 3 consecutive months following account opening month
- You will automatically receive the $350 Welcome Deposit in your new HSBC Advance checking account approximately eight weeks after completing all qualifying activities. Its that simple.